Ingredients: Serves 2-3
350 g. of diced pork shoulder chopped to the thickness around 1.5 inches
Beef dripping 25-30g.
2 cups (600g.) of Root vegetables : Diced carrot, baby potatoes, chopped leek, diced swede, diced onions, diced shallots and finely chopped 1-2 cloves of galic. Entirely your choice.
125 g. of our black pudding cut into a cube around 2 cm.
Apple cider 250 ml.
Pork stock 400 ml. (or using cooking water mix with pork stock cube)
A dash of salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Heat up the oven at 160C fan.
- Heat up the deep frying pan on medium low heat and add beef dripping. Wait until it melts and add pork shoulder. Brown the meat for around 7 mins and then add vegetables.
- Stir well for 7-10 mins and then add black pudding into the pot. Cook for a further couple of mintues and then add apple cider. We used Rekorderlig cider for this recipe.
4. Add stock and the rest of seasoning to the pan. Cook for 5 mins and then transfer the meal to the casserole pot.
5. Cook the casserole for about 1 hour 20 mins at 160c fan. Regularly check the stock, and if it is too dry keep adding some stock. Black pudding can make stock dry quickly. No need to thicken the stew as black pudding will also act as a thickening element.
6. Cool down for about 5 mins before serving.