Spring is in the air and nothing quite says spring like fresh lamb. So try this beautiful rack of lamb recipe with winter vegetables and red wine sauce.
SERVES: 2 PEOPLE
4 chops from a Crombies Rack of lamb
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 carrots cut into cubes
1 courgette sliced the lengthways
1 parsnip diced
1 yellow and 1 red pepper (sliced lengthways)
1 white onion (finely chopped)
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons of minced fresh garlic
2 thyme sprigs
1 pinch of salt and black pepper.
1 pinch of lemon zest and rosemary
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of good red wine
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare rack of lamb by scoring the fat into diamond shapes.
- Prepare coating sauce by mixing a pinch of salt, black pepper, lemon zest, fresh rosemary, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic. Brush the sauce all over rack of lamb.
- Heat a skillet pan on high heat and add olive oil, then brown rack of lamb on all sides. Then transfer racks to a roasting pan and place it into the oven for 10 minutes for medium-rare. If you use food temperature probe, wait until internal temperature rise to 50-55 °C for medium-rare. After that time, bring it out from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cut it.
- Start preparing vegetables after placing rack of lamb into the oven.
- Heat the oil and butter in a wide pan. Add the vegetables, garlic, and herbs over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked, about 15 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper and maple syrup.
- Pour in the red wine and bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, cooked further for another 2-3 minutes. Continue to cook until the sauce is reduced.
- Place braised root vegetables and rack of lamb on a serving plate and serve immediately.
If you want to try this recipe you can buy our rack of lamb from the main shop