1.5 Kg boneless pork loin (ask your butcher to prepare it for you, they usually bone and roll with skin attached, and score it)
3 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of sea salt and a dash of ground black pepper
1-2 large onion (Chopped into large wedges)
800 ml. of pork stock
1 Tsp of lemon zest
2 tomatoes (Slice the tomatoes into large wedges)
couple sprigs of rosemary (Chopped one sprig)
2 cloves of garlic (Crushed)
2-3 sage leaves (Optional)
2 tsp of flour
- 2 tsp of butter
- Marinade the pork by mixing together the garlic, chopped rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon zest . Thoroughly rub into the cuts of boneless pork loin. Cover the pork with cling flim and place it back to the fridge for 30 mins. Alternatively, you can marinade this pork overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 220C, and place to the pork into the roasting tray. Make sure you drizzle the extra oli all over the skin in order to achieve perfect crackling. Place the skin side up.
- Add 500 ml. stock, onions, tomatoes and rosemary in a roasting tray. Place the pork into the oven cook for 25 minutes, then reducing the heat to 170C and cooking for a further 1 hour 30 minutes. At the state if the stock seems to dry out, keep adding the rest of stock. But do not add too much to cover the pork as we only need the stock to keep it moist. The stock should be less than a quater of the rosting tray.
- When the pork is cooked, remove from the tray and let the meat rest. Remove the herb off the tray and spoon out the excess fat.
- Knead the flour and butter together in a separate bowl until it turn to dough texture. We will use this to thickening the gravy in the next step.
- Put the tray back over a medium heat and add the flour mix in (5). Whisk the gravy thoroughly and add the rest of stock, cook until thickened slightly for 2-3 mins and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the crackling part from the pork and break into pieces. Slice the pork and serve with your favourite side dish.
**We use our boneless pork loin from Wilkinson Farm because their pork never disappoints us, if you want to try this super quality pork, you can also buy from our online store at http://bittyurl.co/eb08a1676b67c1ff