A nice and simple recipe for you to try out on the family. Perfect to serve inside or out and ready in no time at all.
Cooking Time 30 mins plus 20 minutes
Preparation time 10 minutes
500g Pork mince
I block puff pastry
100g diced potato
1 large onion
Salt & pepper
2 garlic cloves
- Place the mince, chopped onion and potato in a pot and cook with a little stock to brown the meat. Add more stock or water and cook the mince for around 20 minutes. After 5 minutes add the crushed garlic, some oregano and salt & pepper to taste.
- You can add a little gravy granules towards the end but not too much as to overpower the mix. We want the mix to be fairly dry.
- Cool the mix in the fridge – This process can be done the previous day.
- Heat the oven to 180c
- Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle. Coat the edges with a little water to help stick the edges.
- Take the cold pork mix from the fridge and drain any excess liquid from the mix. Using clean hands lift the mix onto the pastry making a line along the pastry just a little bit below the centre. Leave enough room to crimp the left and right edges.
- Fold over the top half of the pastry forming a log shape. Press the pastry together to shape.
- Place pastry log in the ovenand cook for around 20 minutes until golden brown. Brush with egg wash if desired.