Ingredients: Serves 2
6 big salad tomatoes (peel back the skin)**
1 Teaspoon of garlic paste
2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
2 Teaspoons of ginger paster
2 Teaspoons of garam masala
2 Teaspoons of turmeric powder
2 Teaspoons of ground coriander powder
500ml of pork stock
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
400g. of diced pork (We used gigot pork)
250g. of diced potatoes (cut in half)
200g. chopped fine onions
2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh Corriander
**Alternatively, cut cross at the bottom of each tomato and blance them into boiling water for 2-3 mins. Then blance them again with cold water before peeling skin off. This will help you to remove skin easily.
1. Add olive oil into a pot under medium heat and add diced pork. Brown the meat thouroughly for 7-10 mins and set aside.
2. Use the same pot, add garlic and spices. Stir-fry until fragrant about – 1-2 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes into the pan and stir it for futher 2-3 mins. If it is too dry add stock regularly.
4. Put the pork and the rest of ingredients back into the pot. Use medium heat and stir regularly to avoid burning. If it is too dry keep adding the water. Cook for 40 mins. Season the curry with salt.
5. Allow curry to cool down for 5 mins before serving.
6. Rice and Nan bread are recommend to serve with this curry.
Garnish with chopped corriander.