A fresh and tasty recipe perfect for summer nights or sunny lunches. You can select your favourite curry powder so this can be pleasant or as fiery as you like. The sweet and sour of the pineapple gives this dish a really pleasant taste.
Cooking Time 20 Minutes
Preparation time 10 minutes
1 Whole Fresh Pineapple
300g Cooked cold rice (Microwave pack or premade – must be COLD)
300g Meat (Pork or chicken)
1 medium onion
1 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 cloves garlic
Cherry Tomato (6)
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Slice the meat thinly trimming the fat to your desired level. Chop the onion and garlic finely.
- Cut the pineapple in half then scoop out the flesh with a spoon, taking care to remove the hard centre piece of the pineapple. You will be left with two pineapple boats.
- Using a wok or large frying pan, heat oil and a little butter, then add onions, garlic and pancetta. Cook for 30 seconds at high heat then add meat and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high then add your 6 chery tomatoes cut in half. Cook until you feel meat is almost ready (another 3-4 minutes depending on meat quality) then add the cold rice and start to mix through.
- Once the rice has broken up add the curry powder and stir in, then add the oyster sauce and soy sauce and continue to cook. Add about a third of the pineapple flesh (chopped) and a sprinkle of sugar over the whole pan.
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes stiring continuously as the mix will start to stick to the pan.
- Remove from pan and fill the two pineapple boats with your mixture.
- Place the boats in the now heated oven for 10 minutes to finish.
- Remove from oven, dress as desired and serve.