Everyone knows what a good combo sausages and eggs make so avoiding the carb-tastic option of a breakfast roll we present to you a delicious and satisfying salad.
Ideal for a lighter way to enjoy our Piggy Black sausages.
Serves 2 people. Cooking and prep approx 20 mins.
- 4 – 6 sausages (depending on appetites!). I used my all time favourite; the dark and delicious Piggy Black Sausage.
- Fresh vine ripened tomatoes – chopped (I prefer Santini or baby Cherry variety – as many as you wish)
- Sun-dried tomatoes – chopped (again as many as you wish to create a good balance between the other ingredients)
- 2 x hard boiled eggs (chopped)
- Good helping of fresh rocket
- Place the sausages in a pre-heated oven and cook slowly for about 20-30 mins or until a nice golden brown
- Remember there is no need to prick our sausages; the quality ingredients mean they won’t ‘pop’ and keeping the juices in the skin helps retain the flavours.
- While sausages are cooking boil eggs for approx 10 mins so well cooked. Then leave to cool before peeling off shell.
- Chop your tomatoes and mix with the rocket in your serving dish.
- Peel your eggs and add to the salad mix, chopping so they mix well.
- When the sausages are cooked and cool enough slice into bite-size pieces. Add to the salad dish.
- Give it all a good mix and then you’re ready to tuck in!!
This also makes a great brunch to serve if friends are visiting.