Ingredients: Serves 2-3
1.25 kg. Oxtails ( 1 whole tail)
4-5 cardamom pods
1 large onion (sliced into 6 pieces)
2 large carrot (sliced across)
400g. Diced turnip in cubes
600 g. Beef stock (Or using cooking water mixs with beef stock cube)
200 g. of dry vegetable broth mix
salt and crushed black papper
Boiling water about 400 ml.
- Preheat the oven at 160 C fan
- Place oxtails into a baking tray and add salt, crushed black pepper, onion (half ), diced carrot (half) and cardamom pods. Fill the boling water to about just over half of the baking tray.
3. Cover the tray with tin foil and place it into the oven for an hour.
4. Take a tray out of the oven after an hour.
5. Drain the oxtails and the vegetable out from the tray and transfer them to a casserole pot. Also try to remove the cardamom pods. Then add beef stock, broth mix and the rest of vegetables.
6. Place casserole back into the oven for about 2-2.5 hours, until the meat falls apart from the bone.
7. Take a casserole pot out of the oven. Use tongs to take the oxtails out of the pot and start to separate the meat from the bone by using two forks.
8. Put the meat back to the pot and mix well before serving.
9. It can serve as a clear soup without thickening it.
Ideally you can serve it with garlic bread or toast.