2 Lamb shanks
1 cup of fresh cherry tomatoes (cut half)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 cup of diced sweet potato
1 cup of diced swede
2 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp of honey
1 cinnamon stick
2 tsp of tomato paste (approx. 40 g.)
2 fresh chillies, finely chopped
1 litre of lamb stock. (or lamb stock cube dilute with 1 liter. hot water)
1.Heat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C
2. Season lamb shanks with salt and black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a casserole pot on medium heat. Place the lamb shanks and brown the meat. Should take about 3 mins each side.
4. Take the lamb shanks out of the pot and set aside.
5. (Use the same pot) Remove the excess oil but leave about 1-2 tsp. add garlic, swede, sweet potatoes, tomatoes. Stir fry until vegetables are half cooked (about 5-7 mins) under medium heat . Then add the rest of the ingredients and stock to the pot, except lamb shaks. Cook for a further 5 mins.
6. Add lamb shanks back to the pot. Make sure the stock covers the shanks well. Turn off the heat.
7. Transfer the casserole pot into the oven and cook for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
8. When it is ready, remove from the oven and check for excess oil, if there is any then remove it using a wooden spoon.
9. Leave to cool down for about 5-7 mins before serving.