500 g. skinless chicken breast fillet (will make about 16 Chicken Satay)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
2 tsp of milk
1 tsp of soy sauce
2 tsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of coconut cream
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
1 piece of slice bread (break up in to small pieces)
200 ml.. of coconut milk
250 g. ground cooked peanut
50 g. of caster sugar
1 tbsp. of Thai red curry paste
50 g. of milk.
Pinch of salt
Pickled cucumber: (optional)
100 ml. of water
50 ml. of white wine vinegar
50 ml. of caster sugar
2 pinches of salt
1 cucumber (Fine slice)
1 shallot (Fine slice)
- Cut the chicken breast in half then turn and slice at an angle of 45 degrees to give slithers at about 3mm. You should get 4 – 5 strips from each half.
- Mix marinade ingredients with the strips of chicken breast and leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. For better result, chicken can be marinated overnight.
- After completing the process of marinating, soak the skewer in the water for 5 mins to stop it burning in grilling process.
- Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers into ‘S’ shapes and put it back to the fridge.
- Start making peanut sauce by mixing peanut sauce ingredients in the pot under low heat. Stir regularly to avoid burning. This process will take about 7-10 mins. Set aside
- Start making pickle by mixing all liquid ingredient in to a pot under medium heat. Stir well until it comes to the boil. Turn the heat off and set aside. Wait until it cools down – about 5 mins then add cucumber and shallot. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken skewers in a flat pan (medium heat) without oil, it should take 3 mins each side.
- Serve cooked chicken satay with peanut sauce and pickled cucumber.