- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 400g. finely chopped white onion.
- 300g. diced carrot.
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 100g. butter
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 300 ml. of beef stock
- 2 caramelised onion sausages (Skin off and cut it into pieces around 1.5 cm. thick)
- 500g. Haggis
- 2-3 round aluminium foil cups. (Diameter 11 cm.)
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten and mix with 3 tablespoon of milk)
- 200 ml. of cream
Methods: (About 20 mins)
Step one: filling
- Place a pan on medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add half of the chopped onion and all of the carrot into the pan.
- Stir well for couple minutes until onion turn trasnslucent.
- Add sausages and half of stock into a pan. Cook further until sausages are firmed.
- Add haggis and the rest of stock.
- Seasoning with pinch of salt and black pepper. (Depends on how saltly haggis and sausages are)
- Turn of the heat and set aside for about 10-15 mins.
Step two: Pastry
- Roll pastry and cut pastry as a shape of aluminium foil cups. Remember you should leave the extra area for pie lid to close. Then cut the pastry for a lid. This method can be easily done by turning the cup upside down and cut the pastry by following the shape of the cup.
- place the pastry into the cups and trim of the excess with sharp knife.
- Add filling into the cup and gently brush egg wash to the edge of pastry.
- Close the pastry lid and gently glue the pastry lid and pastry cup together with your fingers.
- Once pie edge is firmly sealed, then brush the egg wash.
- Gently cut the lid with a knife to ensure that the pie can breath, should cut about 2 cm. from the center of the pie.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mins. Regular check is recommended.
Step three: Pepper cream sauce. (Start to cook when the pie is about ready or 3 mins away)
- Add butter and olive into the saucepan on medium heat.
- Add half of the onion and garlic into the pan and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream, and season with salt and cracked black pepper as you desire. It should be a strong taste of black pepper. Cook it further for 3 minutes and set aside.
When the pie is ready, let it rest for at least 5 mins before serving with Pepper cream sauce.