Serves 2-3 persons
750 g. pork belly (cut into 1.5 inch squares)
1 cup of chopped shallots
1 Tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of honey
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoons of crushed black pepper
1 litre of stock or ( water mixed with pork stock cube)
1. Put the sugar in stock pot or cast-iron casserole on a medium heat, wait for a ouple minutes and add sugar . Stir constantly with wooden spoon until sugar melts and turns golden.
2. Add quarter of stock to the pot and stir in well.
3. Add chopped shallots, chopped garlic and pork belly and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the rest of stock, honey, salt and pepper into the pot. Stir for a couple of minutes until thoroughly mixed.
5. Cook for a further 30 minutes or until sauce reduced and thickened. Serve with jasmine rice
Optional: You can add 2-3 Star Anise & Cinnamon in method (3) if you prefer some aromatic flavour.