Ingredients: Serves 2
2 lamb shanks (420 g. each)
2 fennels (sliced)
25 g. beef dripping
500-600 g. of root vegetables ( diced carrot, diced leek, baby potatoes, diced onions, diced shallots,and diced parsnip)
5-6 fresh chorizo sausages (sliced to 1.5 cm. thickness)
400 ml. Lamb stock (or using lamb stock cube melted with cooking water)
Cooking red wine 250 ml.
Pinch of salt, black pepper
25 g. of butter
25 g. of flour.
finely chopped garlic 1-2 cloves.
- Heat the oven to 160c fan
- Melt beef dripping in a casserole pot on medium heat, then brown lamb shank in the pot. We recommend to do it one shank at a time for a thorough result.
3. Set lamb shank aside, add more olive oil if required. Add garlic and vegetables and stir well for about 5-7 mins.
5. Add red wine, lamb stock and seasoning into the pot.
6. Transfer the pot to the oven and cook for a further 1 hour 30 minutes.
7. Once it is ready, take the pot out of the oven and place the pot on the hob. Remove the shanks from the pot and turn the heat on (medium heat). Then add the thickening ball (made using flour 25 g. and butter 25 g.mix together)
8. Stir well until the sauce is thick, then add the lamb shank back into the pot. Cook for couple minutes.
9. Cool down for couple mins before serves.
If you would like to order our fresh chorizo please click here http://www.sausages.co.uk/epages/530073.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=2428847&ViewAction=ViewProduct