History of Crombies
Crombies of Edinburgh is an award winning butcher shop established in 1955 by Alex Crombie and now run by his son Sandy Crombie. Our Broughton Street shop is located in the heart of Edinburgh but we’re renowned world-wide for our specialist sausages.
Meet the Crombies Team
We’re a friendly bunch and know our stuff so why not read more about the people that make the Crombies magic happen.
In the mid-eighties Crombies developed a special interest in sausages, having won a major award in 1985. Success in this field, both at retail and wholesale level, led to the establishment of a specially designed and equipped facility, “The Real Sausage Company”, with an EC Approved Premises rating, entirely dedicated to sausage production. Today there are over 40 varieties of sausages to choose from, drawn from hundreds of recipes, and the fun of creating them continues.
Other Meat Products
The traditional butcher’s arm of the business has also prospered, offering top quality meat, steak pies, haggis and black pudding. All of which are prepared to the highest standard, and today reflects the best in meat retailing practice, with a modern approach.
The simple trading philosophy that was established three Crombie generations ago, by Crombies founder (Sandy’s father) Alex Crombie, still stands today; we strive to provide our customers “Quality, Value, Cleanliness and Service”