2-3 large potatoes (medium sized jacket potatoes)
3-4 rashes of streaky bacon for 2-3 potatoes
2-3 teaspoons of butter
a sprig of rosemary
Half of a whole garlic (see photo)
A pinch salt and crushed black pepper
1 cup of Grated cheese and a couple slice of cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (fan assited)
2. Slice the potato into thin slices, making sure you do not slice all the way through. We recommend you slice at around 3-5 mm, this will help to hold your stuffing better.
3. Slice cheese into a rectangular shape, thin enough to insert in to sliced potatoes.
4. Slice streaky bacon the same size and shape as the cheese and start to fill them into the potatoes. We recommend you place the bacon and cheese alternately into the slits.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the filled potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Then add a teaspoon of butter on top of each potato.
6. Place potatoes in a baking tray and add fresh garlic and fresh rosemary before baking.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes ( Time depends on potato size, we used medium sized jacket potatoes). Add grated cheese and some more bacon on top of potatoes 20 minutes before end of cooking time.